Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The manuscript is original and has not already been published or submitted elsewhere.
- The text fulfills the bibliographic and stylistic requirements indicated in Norms for authors.
- The manuscript has been proofread by a native speaker in the language of submission.
- If you are applying to a section of the journal which is reviewed by pairs, you should make sure that the instructions in Guaranteeing a blind review are followed.
If the paper contains any kind of material whose reproduction requires for permission, please indicate this circumstance (using Comments to the editor). Authors are responsible for respecting intellectual property when they reproduce materials as part of their works and must send the corresponding permissions to the journal.
The editor, in any case, is free of any responsibility resulting from the author’s eventual violation of intellectual property rights.
- The corresponding author ensures that the author list is correct in the online submission form and the Author contribution is provided in a separate file.
From 2019 papers and articles published in this journal are subject to the following terms:
1. The University of Santiago de Compostela retains the patrimonial rights (copyright) of articles published, and encourages and enables reuse of the same under the license specified in point 2.
2. Articles are published in the online edition of the journal under a License Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). All papers can be copied, used, disseminated, transmitted and publicly displayed, provided acknowledgment of authorship, the URL, and the journal are mentioned and that the materials are not used for commercial purposes.
3. All authors agree with the license used by the journal with the conditions of self-archiving and open access policy.
4. Authors are allowed to disseminate electronically (e.g. in institutional repositories or on their own websites) the published version of their manuscripts, as these favours circulation and early diffusion and thus possibly increases the citations and scope among the academic community (See The Effect of Open Access).
Before this year, when publishing in Revista Galega de Economía, the author cedes all the exploitation rights of his/her article to the University of Santiago de Compostela which, under the conditions and within the restrictions stated in the legislation on intellectual property, is the copyright holder. The fact of its holding the copyright grants the University of Santiago de Compostela the exclusive right, worldwide, to:
publish the article’s final version in the journal, and distribute it and/or communicate it publicly, both in the journal itself and in other related media, in print format, digital format or any other format that can be created in the future;
translate or write abstracts of the article, and distribute them and/or communicate them publicly, and authorize a third party for the same right or transfer the same right to a third party;
deposit copies or references of the article in file-stores on line, both in platforms belonging to the University of Santiago de Compostela and in platforms belonging to a third party which has received the corresponding authorization by the University of Santiago de Compostela.